The Makam Pahlawan or Heroes’ Mausoleum, is the burial ground of several Malaysian famous politicians. It is is located within the grounds of the national mosque, Masjid Negara Kuala Lumpur.
The Heroes’ Mausoleum was first constructed in 1963 alongside the construction of the national mosque, and was completed in 1965. In 1973, Tun Dr Ismail became the first Malaysian leader laid to rest there.
The following is a list of Malaysian leaders buried inside and outside the dome of the Makam Pahlawan Kuala Lumpur.
Inside the dome of Heroes’ Mausoleum
- Tun Dr Ismail – Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia (died 1973)
- Tun Abdul Razak – Prime Minister of Malaysia (died 1976)
- Tun Hussein Onn – Prime Minister of Malaysia (died 1990)
- Tun Ghafar Baba – Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia (died 2006)
Outside the dome of Heroes’ Mausoleum
- Tan Sri Syed Jaabar Albar – UMNO Secretary-General and Minister of Rural Development (died 1977)
- Tan Sri Syed Nasir – Speaker of the Dewan Rakyat (died 1982)
- Tun Sardon Jubir – Minister of Works and Communications and Penang Yang di-Pertua Negeri (died 1985)
- Tan Sri Mohammad Noah – Minister of Home Affairs and Speaker of the Dewan Rakyat (died 1991)
- Tan Sri Abdul Kadir Yusuf – Minister of Law and the Judicary, Attorney-General, Solicitor-General and Lord President of the Supreme Court (died 1992)
- Tan Sri Mohd Khir Johari – Minister of Educations (died 2006)