Kuala Lumpur has a network of mass transit trains that snake through the city and out to the suburbs. I believe, it’ll be worth your time to become familiar with the train routes because traffic jams can sometimes become so unbearable.
Once you’re familiar with the train routes, you’ll find it’s not really that complicated. I used to feel the same way but I overcame the hassle by planning my journey well. Just study the rail routes map and take note of the nearest station to the place you’re going. You’ll be in good shape!
Kuala Lumpur Survival Tips
The following KL survival tips should be able to help you get around Kuala Lumpur by trains.
- Kuala Lumpur’s public transport system consists of 3 LRT (Light Rail Transit) lines operated by RapidKL, the semicircular KL Monorail looping through the Golden Triangle and the KTM Komuter for trips to the outer northern, southern & western suburbs of Kuala Lumpur.
- Kelana Jaya LRT was formerly known as “PUTRA”, while the Sri Petaling and Ampang LRTs were formerly known as “STAR”.
- Kelana Jaya LRT runs the southeast route. Starting from Gombak in north-east KL, it passes the KL Sentral station and Universiti Malaya before ending up at Subang Jaya, on the western outskirts of the city.
- Kelana Jaya LRT has stops at Bangsar, KL Sentral, Pasar Seni (Chinatown), Masjid Jamek, Dang Wangi, and KLCC shopping center.
- Sri Petaling and Ampang LRTs starts from Sentul Timur, in northern KL and heads south, via Masjid Jamek and Pudu. From there, the line splits into two and one continuing south to Bukit Jalil and the other going east to Ampang.
- Sri Petaling LRT is convenient if you need to get to Cheras, Salak Selatan, Bandar Tun Razak, Bandar Tasik Selatan, Sungei Besi and Bukit Jalil. While the Ampang Line LRT will get you to PWTC, Masjid Jamek and Plaza Rayat. An average trip will cost well under RM2.
- The LRT operates from 6 a.m. – 12.00 midnight daily and tickets are available at the offices outside each station. Maps and booklets are also available at each station.
- KL Monorail runs south from Jalan Tun Razak near the Jalan Pekeling bus station, to end on the south-western outskirts of the city.
- KL Monorail provides good access through the main hotel and shopping areas of the city, including stops at KL Sentral, Imbi, Bukit Bintang (the main shopping strip), and Raja Chulan (along Jalan Sultan Ismail, where many hotels are).
- The LRT and Monorail trains are available every 10 minutes or so.
KTM Komuter are ideal for getting to destinations outside the city. The first line provides service for the north-south route, which starts at Sentul and ends at Port Klang. En route, it passes Shah Alam and Klang. The second line starts from Rawang (20 km and goes all the way to Seremban in neighbouring Negeri Sembilan, 66 km south-east of KL.
Both KTM Komuter lines run through the central stations of KL, i.e. the Putra Station, the Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC), Bank Negara and the KL Railway Station.
KTM Komuter trains are available every 30 minutes with extra services during the morning and evening rush hours.
Not enough change in hands? The queue is too long at the ticket booths? Just get a Touch ‘n Go card at any major stations and you’ll zipping you way to all lines.
RENOSKIN MEDIC SERUM
Agen RenoSkin modal mula serendah RM440 sahaja untuk 10x botol RenoSkin Medic Serum. Sila isi borang di BORANG AGEN RENOSKIN. Agen RenoSkin bawah Team Cikros ada banyak kelebihan seperti promosi percuma, hadiah insentif, support group, koleksi testimoni dan teknik marketing online (advance)!
Tiada modal? Pun boleh jual RenoSkin Medic Serum! Dropship RenoSkin tak perlu modal & tak payah simpan stok. Anda hanya cari customer & Cikros uruskan delivery. Sila isi borang di BORANG DROPSHIP RENOSKIN. Dropship RenoSkin bawah Team Cikros dapat kelebihan seperti support group, testimoni dan teknik marketing online (basic).
Saya akan hubungi anda secepat mungkin! Jom jadi agen RenoSkin untuk sebarkan manfaatnya kepada mereka yang sangat memerlukannya. Utamakan niat untuk bantu orang lain barulah rezeki anda datang bergolek. Semoga anda dan saya dimurahkan rezeki bersama famili RenoSkin. Ameen.