Kuala Lumpur Bird Park is another interesting park in Kuala Lumpur. Here, you can find more than 3,000 birds from over a hundred species flitting about, chirping and nesting in a natural landscaped environment. A must-see attraction for all bird-lovers!
Located in the serene and scenic Lake Garden (Taman Tasik Perdana), the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park is a bird sanctuary and tropical paradise for nature lovers. Spanning three hectares of verdant valley terrain, it is said to be one of the largest parks in Southeast Asia.
There are thousands of birds and different species in the park! The birds choose their own territory and find their own partners, breed and feed in an environment very close to their natural habitat.
Among the bird species that you can find are Peafowls, pheasants, hornbills, eagles, imperial pigeons, pelicans, flamingoes, ibis, egrets, ducks, macaws, cockatoos, parrots, parakeets, lovebirds and so many more.
Thousand of Birds
All of them came from countries like Australia, Papua New Guinea, Thailand, Indonesia, Tanzania, China, Holland, Africa, South America, South East Asia and of course, Malaysia.
While the birds are allowed to fly freely, the incompatible species are confined in Display Aviaries and specially designed open exhibits. Some of these enclosures also house samplings of the other species for those who wish to admire them at close quarters.
The size of the bird park is impressive and there are pathways to walk along and explore this wonderful world of birds.
At various points, you’ll be delighted to come across miniature gardens, pools and water cascades, bridges, flowering plants, fruit trees and bird-feeding stations.
If compared to other bird parks such as the Jurong Bird Park in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur Bird Park looks a bit old fashioned. There is no multi-languages singing bird here. But, it’s still a very nice place to hang around with family and friends.
While you’re at the bird park, please do not disturb or frighten the birds. Remember, these birds are wild birds! And, some have sharp bills and claws. They can bite without warning.
TIME PROGRAMMES / ACTIVITIES VENUE
- 10.00am-5.00pm Bird Photography Zone 4 (Photo Booth)
- 9.00am & 2.30pm Birds Feeding Points Zone 1/2/3
- 10.30am Free Flying Birds Feeding Zone 1 (Next Brahminy Land)
- 11.30am Hornbill Feeding Zone3 (Hornbill Park)
- 12.00pm Lorries Feeding Zone 4 (World of Parrots)
- 12.30pm Bird Show (Duration: 20-30 min) Zone 4 (Amphitheatre)
- 1.00pm Ostriches Feeding Zone4 (Flightless Birds)
- 1.30pm Lorries Feeding Zone 4 (World of Parrots)
- 2.30pm Eagles Feeding Zone 1 (Brahminy Land)
- 3.30pm Bird Show (Duration: 20-30 min) Zone 4 (Amphitheatre)
- 4.00pm Milky Stork Feeding Zone 4 (Milky Way)
- Add Bird Show at 10.30am on Public Holidays only.
Kuala Lumpur Bird Park
No. 920 Jalan Lembah Taman Tasik Perdana
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 603-2272 1010
Fax : 603-2273 5428