MAHA 2016 is an 11-day biennial event which will be held from 1st to 11th December 2016 in MAEP, Serdang, Selangor.
MAHA stands for Malaysia Agriculture, Horticulture & Agrotourism and it is the leading agricultural show of its kind in Malaysia and indeed in the region.
Malaysia’s Premier Agrotourism Fair
As the mainstay of the nation’s food sovereignty and food security, agriculture remains the focal point of government efforts to promote it in communities throughout Malaysia.
The 2016 edition of the biennial MAHA event, that takes place together with The Farmers, Livestock Producers and Fishermen’s Day (HPPNK) programme, actively promotes agriculture and agro-based industries, showcasing all the different components of this fast-growing industry.
This year’s theme is Our Food Our Future and will highlight the issue of food security and sovereignty.
What is Included in MAHA 2016?
The 2016 edition of the biennial event is a serious occasion on the agro-business sector’s calendar and its primary objective is to generate business for the agricultural sector. Having said that there is much to interest the general public and here are some of the highlights this year.
- Main event areas/state pavilions
- Business seminars and workshops
- Networking opportunities
- Product presentations and launches
- Agriculture technological and innovation demonstrations and competitions
- Agro bazaar
- Competitions and award presentations
- Field demonstrations
- Agrotourism activities
- Agro-product promotions
- Cultural performances
- Traditional cuisines and cooking demonstrations
- Pet shows, fishing contests, wellness programmes and many more
For the General Public:
- Each country and state participating will showcase their own products in purpose built pavilions.
- The agro bazaar is a chance for families to purchase fresh produce and unusual agro-products, handicrafts and other items which are not widely found elsewhere.
- Agro-tourism locations such as farm visits, organic farm shops, homestays and so on will be promoting themselves.
- Cultural Performances.
- Livestock, animal and fish displays.
- Plenty of traditional Malaysian food.
- Well-being section.
For children there will be:
- Horse carriage rides.
- Pet Shows.
- Paddle boats.
- Live animals.
- Other kid’s activities and attractions.
For Business Professionals in the Agro Sectors:
- Business seminars.
- Agro-Bio Products.
- Forestry Products.
- Halal Products.
- Organic Products.
- Seaweed Products.
- Seeds and Fertilizers,
MAHA 2016 will be focussing on 9 main clusters :
- HPPNK – Farmers, Livestock Producers and Fishermen’s Day
- MAGIC – Malaysian Agricultural Innovation Challenges
- AGRI TRADE –Business activities in promoting the local and international agriculture products and services
- AGRI LIFESTYLE – Visitors program in encouraging the public to inculcate agri-lifestyle
- AGRO YOUTH – Encouraging and motivating the development of young and future entrepreneurs
- AGRO FOOD INDUSTRY – Showcasing the best in crops, livestock, fisheries and machineries
- AGRO BASED INDUSTRY – Promoting the business of agro-based products and services.
- AGRO TOURISM – Promoting the agro tourism industry of Malaysia
Surrounded by lush greenery and well-kept grounds, the Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang (MAEPS) offers the perfect setting for MAHA 2016. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, this perfect venue provides a relaxing environment for visitors to enjoy the event.
One of the largest exhibition complexes in Asia, MAEPS boasts a total floor space of 42,000 square metres spread across several exhibition halls. Its comprehensive range of facilities and services includes various agricultural showgrounds and park attractions.
MAEPS (Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang) is located just to the north of Putrajaya and is accessed via the E26 Expressway. Below is the map to MAHA 2016 at MAEPS, Serdang — Latitude: 2.979257 Longitude: 101.697566.
There will be more than 3 million visitors over the 11 days. So, it is expected that the car park will become very congested. If you want to beat the crowds, please come early (before noon).
MAEPS covers a 100 hectare site and is the largest and most comprehensive showground in Asia. Put on your comfortable shoes as a lot of walking is required to cover the full show. Transport is available to ferry visitors around the site but you might have to queue up.
Timings of MAHA 2016
The show runs from Thursday 1st December until Sunday 11th December 2016.
The opening hours are from 10am to 10pm.